How to measure & replace your cabinet handles
As knobs only have one screw carefully remove the old knob and replace the knob with a new one the screws are normally of a standard size so it should easily fit the old knob has left a “footprint” measure the mark to be sure that the new knob will cover the mark. Make sure the new knob is equal or larger than the knob you are replacing at the base. You may order a sample or two if you want to be sure the knob covers the mark left by the old knob. Or give a call to check first.
Replacing Cabinet Handles
- Carefully remove the old handles, usually by unscrewing from the rear of the door/drawer.
- Measure the distance betweem the centre of the two threaded legs/holes on the handle
This measurement is your 'fixing centres'. Fixing centre sizes are usually standardised - so dont panic yet - you will probably find replacements
- Some standard sizes are: 32, 64, 96, 128,160,192,224, 320 or 448mm.
- You can find matching cabinet handles by visting here: then filter your results by the fixing centres you have measured.
Trying to find something specific?
If you are looking for something specific you may want to try our advanced Search here. This will allow you search our entire catalogue by specific details such as hole centres, finish or type.
Can't find the correct fixing centres to match your old handle holes?
If you are not able to match the hole centres look for a backplate on our website or choose a handle which has a larger “footprint” than the handle you are replacing. An example is a strip bar handle. Painted door could of course be filled and repainted. Search for the term 'backplate' is a good start.
Still need help and want us to take a look?
Simply take a few photographs of your handle by email, if possible with a tape measure/ruler along side so we can guage dimentions or send the handle or knob to our address and we will search for a match free of charge. If you would like your handle returned please enclose a self addressed jiffy bag or box with the necessary postage or send us a sketch or photo. This could be in the form of an attachment to an email to our support team. Please state the quantity required. On special orders we are unfortunately unable to give a refund for any unwanted items. If we are able to locate an item the manufacturer may have an order quantity minimum. Our support team will try their best to locate a suitable item for you.
- Drill bit (4mm) and drill for new holes
- Cross head screwdriver. Try and avoid power drivers as these can over-tighten the screws and damage your doors. Go manual!
- Screws that are supplied with each handle (usually 25mm allowing for up to 16mm door. If you need longer order these here:
If you need help with any aspects of your purchase before or after your purchase please do hestiate to contact us.